October 10 -13, 2013
The only Chicago Event where Line Dance meets Modern Dance!
Great programs for both Beginner and Intermediate Dancers
Daniel Whitaker * Peter Metelnick * Rachael McEnaney * Simon Ward
Jo Kinser * Daniel Trepat * Jose Miguel Belloque Vane * Debbie McLaughlin * Linda McCormack
And Favorites from the US & Canada:
Jo Thompson-Szymanski * Scott Blevins * Guyton Mundy * John RobinsonJackie Miranda * Will Craig * Judy McDonald * Gerard Murphy * Joey Warren * Michele Burton
Special Friday Night Teach from Top Soul Line Dance instructor Georgia Griffin
Your Event DJs: "Wildman" Louie St. George & Jill Babinec
Come Join Us!!
Choreography Competition with Cash Prizes!!!
You will also have the opportunity to learn dances from up to 10 choreography competitors (first come, first serve!):
The choreography dances will be taught on Friday and Saturday in two simultaneous workshop rooms (split between afternoon and evening). The top two dances from each room will face off for a final demo on Saturday Night! The top 2 winners will receive a cash prize of $250 for first place and $100 for second place with the top winner receiving an opportunity to teach at next year’s event! There is still room to enter. I will update this area once we have had all slots filled.
Professional Choreography Competition
Which team of 3 instructors can create the best dance and split a pot of $600? Team International vs. Team USA - who will win? Learn the dances and you can help decide!
· 5 Large Workshop Rooms (with 1 SUPERSIZED ballroom) on the main level & each over 4000 square feet!
· Each room will have a hardwood dance floor with over 1500 square feet of dance space! (3000 square feet in the main ballroom!!)
· The evening Line Dance Ballroom will be over 8000 square feet!
Weekend Package Includes:
· Price of VIP and Dinner Pass – only $125 before 9/01/13
· Price of 3-day Workshop & Evening Dance Pass – only $105 before 9/01/13
· Your 3-Day Pass includes admission to all workshops – no additional paid classes and free dance show!!
· Early Bird Special!! All VIP dinner pass holders will be given priority seating to the free dance show and those registering before 4/30/13 with VIP passes will receive free T-Shirts and Step Description discs (or discounted Step Book).
5440 N. River Rd. - Rosemont, Illinois 60018
Free Round Trip Shuttle from O’Hare Airport
Event Hosts: Mark Cosenza,
* * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
o Competitors will have 30 minutes to teach their dance to the other dancers and selected judges / instructors! Competition slots limited to the first 10 received - first come, first serve!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Workshops begin 9:00am Friday conclude at 4:00pm Sunday
New Updated Rooms!!!!
Additional Event Information
Note: This is a line dance only workshop / competition event.
* Crowne Plaza - 5440 North River Road - Rosemont, Illinois
* Event Rate - $109.00 + tax. Ask for “Line Dance Mania ” Block * For Reservations: Call the hotel directly - 888-233-9527
* Smoking or Non-smoking rooms and suites upon availability (you must book as non-smoking and you may request smoking when you check in.)
* For those that are flying into Chicago’s O’Hare airport, there is a FREE shuttle available every 15 minutes for your convenience.
* If you are flying in from Midway airport, shuttles are available from Omega shuttle. The approximate cost is $16 per person each way.
Thursday Evening Pre-party:
* Our Thursday Night Dance Party begins at 7pm and will go until ???. (Previous years this has gone until 4am!)
* Lots of open dancing
* THURSDAY registration desk opens at 5:00 pm. Pick up your registration packet upon arrival. Thursday activities begin at 7:00pm.
* FRIDAY doors open at 9:00am. Pick up your registration packet upon arrival. Friday activities begin at 9:00am.
* SATURDAY doors open at 9:00am. For those attending for the day, are pre-registered, pick up your registration package upon arrival. Others that are registering for the day, please get arrive early to make sure you are registered and ready to attend the first workshop starting at 9:00am.
* SUNDAY doors again will open at 8:00am with activities starting at 9:00am. Event ends at 4:00pm.
* Both Friday & Saturday evening we will take a break for dinner
* The Crowne Plaza has several restaurants to choose from for your dining, snacking, lunch, late evening desire.
* Saturday evening we are offering a sit down dinner, exclusive to our group. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
* 80 + workshops scheduled for the weekend!
* Several workshop rooms to choose from! Remember we do not charge extra for any workshops. Your event pass pays for all workshops offered by the pass you purchased for the weekend / day.
* Lots of open dance, socializing and MORE!
* KEEP IN MIND the schedule posted will be a TENTATIVE SCHEDULE - THERE WILL BE CHANGES.
NOTE: We will do our best to post line dance taught during each 1 hour session. This is not always possible as instructors do not always supply this information.
* We have invited top instructors from all over the world for the event.
* From beginner to advanced, we have workshops for you - including a dedicated ballroom for beginners!
* We are offering 3 workshops per hour, each room has hardwood dance floor.
* The train from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport or from Rosemont Station will take you to downtown Chicago where you can access:
- The Museum of Science & Industry, Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium
- Water Tower Place (beautiful Shopping Area with upscale stores)
- Navy Pier (along Chicago’s Lakefront)
- John Hancock, Sears Tower and hundreds of other world famous tourist attractions
* Illinois number one attraction, Woodfield Mall, is only 20 minutes away up I-90
Here is a map of
Downtown Chicago to help you with
Credit Card: * We accept Visa & Master Card via Paypal Only!
Event Video: * We will be offering Event Videos to all interested parties
* ALL Video Camera users register can pre-pay their video camera(s) with registration or at the time of arrival.
* “Weekend Video Camera Pass” - $10.00 Note: VIP Passes include the use of Video Cameras